May 1, 2012
THE TRUTH ABOUT @© AND iP
I use a process in my work that gets me to the core of any challenge, and leads to what I call an Essential Truth that – once formulated – informs everything else. So, what’s the Truth about Andrew Crighton and iPrimate? It’s HELP.
- I help by teaching people what I know, and by learning more
- I help people communicate… creatively
- I help by going deep where sustained thinking is required… and articulating the findings
- I write. And that can help. To eloquently express thoughts, ideas and plans – on demand
- I help other creative people by collaborating on great work
- I help people give better presentations on-stage
- I help by being a tech evangelist for non-tech people (20 years of background there:)
- I help in the not-for-profit world
I’m at a place in my career where I’m exploring new horizons and breaking boundaries to help others… and help myself. Essentially, the new horizons have to do with VOCATION and the breaking boundaries has to do with LOCATION
VOCATION means publishing… for a writer. Always. And forever. And for this writer that means non-traditional publishing (you’re reading it). And it means content (you’re reading it). Whether my new horizons serve ME or YOU, they promise to be challenging and rewarding (if you keep reading it).
LOCATION is about flexibility. Kids have gone; home in the city less relevant. I still have one foot in Toronto, but I’m really living on the shores of Georgian Bay. Some people know I have a 1989 Volkswagen bus/camper in which I can go anywhere, anytime to write. And meet. And collaborate. But, mostly, breaking boundaries has to do with the Internet. I’m determined to get more clients/patrons/working relationships/partners in other geographies, because we all really share the same geography, these days (you’re reading it).
So, it’s about VOCATION, LOCATION. And it’s about HELP.